Thursday, February 5, 2009

A New Technology Rant

I have a couple new technologies in the house.

One is a new EMachines Computer, I had no trouble setting that one up. I'm excited about experimenting with it since I do not have Windows Vista on my ol' laptop. I'm looking forward to learning how to navigate the new OS, and learning to adapt to changes they have made that I might or might not like.








Another not so fun new technology is our new Kodak All-in-One Printer. We bought the new one with low cost ink cartridges, Black Cartridges cost about $10 and Color Cartridges cost around $15 and they boast more pages printed per cartridge then many other popular printers.

I was impressed enough to try it out.

If you want some more quick info about this printer below are some links :

Does Kodak's All-in-One Printer Really Save On Ink?

PC Mag Article

Mac World Article


However, I have yet to figure out how to install it, that is, get the wireless printing feature to work. I will work on this more over the weekend, I hope. I've never installed a wireless printer before, and haven't had much time to work on it. I will trouble shoot this weekend and with any luck get it working. I like getting new technologies, but sometimes if they are very new then you run into the disadvantage of having less support from online troubleshooters. I value sites, blogs, etc., that help me solve my tech problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment