Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wow, a new post! Isn't that dipity?

So I know I haven't posted in a while and I wanted to, so I'm posting about a fun site I found while looking for a collection of past internet memes...

meme = "cultural element or behavioural trait whose transmission and consequent persistence in a population, although occurring by non-genetic means (esp. imitation), is considered as analogous to the inheritance of a gene." - from the Oxford English Dictionary, take that you wikipedia bitches, lol, just kidding you know your great cuz your free, I will miss having access to the online version of the OED. :- ( *pout pout*

Or you could just go with, "an idea, behavior, style or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture." - from the Merriam Webster Dictionary



So I found a site called Dippity that lets you make interactive widgits, including a really cool sliding timeline, list, flipbook, map etc. that members can add to if the maker allows it. This tool is now one of the first links to come up when you do a search for internet memes on Google. Check out the MEMES!

Dippity is interesting to me because like Del.icio.us it lets you put all of your bookmarks in one place, in addition to letting you link to all your pictures, videos, social networking sites, etc. in a graphical format that I like. However, while viewing some timelines on Dippity is free, premium accounts cost $$$.

I have not joined Dippity yet, but I am thinking about getting the basic free account. I wonder what my information would look like, as friends update blogs, as news feeds come in, and as I upload images... I'm sure it would be interesting to see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment